Submission Deadline: Oct. 20, 2023
An Open Invitation to Physicians, Nurse Practitioners, Pharmacists, Physician Assistants, Fellows, Residents, & Students to submit Poster Presentation Proposals Online.
MMDA’s Poster Session will be held during its 30th Anniversary Conference on Saturday, Nov. 4, 2023. Posters provide an opportunity to share research results, best practices, and outcomes with colleagues. The sessions are visual presentations using diagrams, charts, and figures. Poster presentations may be on any aspect of various categories including clinical care, pharmacology of medicine, medical education, and more in any post-acute and long-term care setting.
Submission of a proposal is a commitment by at least one author to be present at the designated times to discuss the information in the poster with conference participants. The primary presenter listed on the proposal will be informed of its status no later than Oct. 10, 2023.
Poster Viewing: Saturday, Nov. 4, 2023
- 7:30-8:30 a.m.
- 10:45-11 a.m.
- 12-1:15 p.m. (when not in membership meeting)
- 3:15-4 p.m.
Please review the criteria for Acceptance of Posters and the instructions below regarding preparation of Poster Session Abstracts before completing the online forms.
- All abstracts must be submitted electronically via the submission form. Submissions are not considered complete until all required forms from all authors have been received.
- Type the title of the abstract in CAPITAL LETTERS. The title should not exceed 10 words.
- Text within the Poster Abstract box must include the title as well as authors’ and presenters’ names as this is the text that is reproduced for publication. Do not exceed 300 words.
- Spell out complete names of all authors on the “AUTHORS:” line in the Poster Abstract box. Do not use initials alone. List city and state of origin. For abstracts submitted by multiple authors from one city, list the city and state once after all authors’ names have been listed. Maintain consistency in authors’ names on multiple abstracts to avoid duplication in the author index.
- Indicate the name(s) of the presenter(s) on the “PRESENTED BY:” line in the Poster Abstract box.
- Type singles spaced within the abstract box. Double space only between paragraphs.
- The abstract should be informative and detailed. It must contain the following: an introduction and objective; methods; results obtained; and conclusion(s). It is not acceptable merely to state that the results will be discussed.
- Avoid excessive abbreviations in abstract. Abbreviations may be used only after the word has been written out once in full in the abstract.
- All abstract presentations and the question and answer period will be in English.
For more information, or to submit a proposal, visit www.midatlanticmda.org, or call Shane Bellotti, at (561) 689-6321.
There are three categories that will be judged: Content, Presentation, and Visual Aesthetics. Under content, the judges will be looking at: Introduction and Objectives, Methods Used, Results Obtained, and Conclusion(s).
Other criteria include:Validity of study or topic area to clinical medicine or medical direction in PALTC continuum (e.g., geriatric and non-geriatric SNFs, home care, hospice, and subacute care); Clarity of description and depth of detail used to report each of the content areas listed above; Practical application; Innovation in thought or approach; and Best use of illustrations and tables, including clarity and ease of reading and arrangement in sequence according to their reference in the text.